Sage R8 Core Rods
The new Sage R8 Core fly rods replace the very popular Sage X series of single hand fly rods. This is the eighth generation in graphite technology from Sage Manufacturing, bringing one the most technologically advanced fly rods to ever hit the market. The R8 Core series brings power and feel together for an exceptionally high performing multi application fly rod. Revolution 8 technology makes it possible to get a rod with a stiffer butt section and a heavy backbone while the tip of the rod remains sensitive, giving the rod power in the lower end while providing the caster a deeper connection. After our staff got a chance to cast the lineup of R8's we feel like these rods really allow the caster to slow down their casting stroke and not have to jam on the rod so much to get it where you're trying to get it to go.
These rods deliver high line speed and mega tight loops with deadly accuracy in close or at distance. Cutting through a strong headwind on the flats on that hero cast to the fish of your life, or delivering the perfect presentation to a picky riser on a spooky spring creek in Patagonia will be no problem with this rod. Coho and Chinook Salmon up north in BC, Steelhead in the PNW to throwing giant streamers to Pike and Musky, or bombing wind resistant bass poppers, yep these rods will do it all!
Each R8 Core rod comes with an aluminum rod tube, a black rod sock with a new quick-tie lock which is super slick. These rods have what Sage is calling a Silver Pine Blank color, which at first glance might have the appearance of being a dark charcoal color, but in the sun you'll see a slight hue of dark green. Models without a fighting butt will feature a beautiful Ziricote wood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat, and a premium Flor grade snub-nose half-wells cork handle. Models with a fighting butt will feature a gunmetal anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat, premium Flor grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt, and an integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat.
All Sage R8 Core Rods are 4-piece rods.
- Revolution 8 Technology
- Silver Pine blank color
- Slate primary thread wraps with graduated White and Grey trim
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides with hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Black rod bag with new quick-tie cord lock for faster, easier, and cleaner storage
- Aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
Freshwater 3 - 6 weights:
- Premium Flor grade snub-nose half-wells cork handle
- Sustainable Ziricote wood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
Saltwater 5-10 weights:
- Premium Flor grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Gunmetal anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat