Hardy Duchess Reels
Sporting classic design and hand crafted workmanship from England, the Hardy Duchess is a reel any angler would be proud to fish. The Hardy Duchess 9/10/11 is a 4-inch diameter reel which is perfectly sized for today's 7- to 9-weight Spey rods. At 7.6 ounces, it is a bit lighter than the Perfect or Bougle' reels. The Duchess features a click-pawl drag with a substantial range of drag pressure and, of course, the classic "growl" every Hardy reel owner loves to hear when a fish peels off line.
Hardy on their Duchess Reels -
The first new Hardy ‘classic reel' in over a decade. Handmade in Alnwick, England by skilled craftsmen, the Duchess features innovative features including a split frame design and dual line guards within a classically styled high quality reel.
- Made in Alnwick, England
- Engineered and hand crafted from bar stock aluminum
- Ambidextrous, fully adjustable click check mechanism
- Vented frame and spool
- "Split cage" frame design
- Twin line guides for full left hand or right hand compatibility
- Hollow recessed stainless steel spindle
- Wooden handle
- Includes a handsome, dark olive neoprene reel cover
- 7.6 oz.
- Line Size
- 7-9 wt spey
- 30 lb. Backing
- *200 yds.
*Backing capacity will vary based on different styles of lines.