OPST Commando Head Skagit Lines
OPST Commando Heads are short Skagit lines for Spey rods, switch rods and even single-hand fly rods. With lengths of only 12- to 18-feet, OPST Commando Heads allow anglers to effectively cast in super tight quarters. They are also extremely easy to cast and respond to even basic roll casting techniques. OPST Commando Heads are ideal with rods from 10- to 12-feet in length and work well with most sink-tips around 10-feet in length, including RIO Mow Tips.
OPST Commando Heads are "Sauk Blue" in color. The end of the head with the printed identification information is the front of the line where you attach your sink-tip.
- A short, floating Skagit head ideal for short Spey, switch or single-hand fly rods
- Easy casting and great for beginning Spey casters
- Casts well in tight quarters with no backcast room
- Excellent for Spey casting single-hand fly rods with sustained anchor casts like the Snap-T or Double Spey
- Casts sink-tips and large flies very well
- Great for swinging streamers for trout as well as traditional steelhead and salmon swinging methods
- Printed identification information on the front end of the head
OPST's Commando Head Sizing and Recommendations
|12 ft||3wt||9' & Under||3wt||2wt|
|12 ft||3wt||10' & Up||3/4wt||2/3wt|
|12 ft||4wt||9'6"ft & Under||--||--|
|13.5 ft||4wt||10' & Up||4wt||3wt|
|13.5 ft||5wt||9'6" & Under||--||--|
|13.5 ft||5wt||10' & Up||4/5wt||4wt|
|13.5 ft||6wt||9'6" & Under||--||--|
|13.5 ft||6wt||10' & Up||5wt||5wt|
|13.5 ft||7wt||9'6" & Under||--||--|
|13.5 ft||7wt||10' & Up||6wt||5/6wt|
|13.5 ft||8wt||9'6" & Under||--||--|
|15 ft||8wt||10' & Up||6wt||5/6wt|
*Rod Weight designations provided by OPST and should be used as a general guide and will vary based on different manufacturer’s rods, as well as each angler's casting style.