Tibor Riptide Reels
The Tibor Riptide reel is appropriately sized for 9- to 11-weight fly rods. The Tibor Riptide reel is meticulously designed and machined and is ready for action for tarpon, dorado, stripers and big king salmon in Alaska or B.C. It also makes a great Spey reel for 6- or 7-weight Spey rods.
Tibor Riptide reels feature a larger arbor design for quick line pick-up when needing to catch up to charging fish. The Tibor series drag system has shined over decades of on-the-water, real-world experience and has the reputation to prove it. All Tibor series reels are convertible for left or right handed retrieve. Complete warranty, maintenance and retrieve conversion information is included with each reel. Made in USA with a limited lifetime warranty.
Not all colors are kept in stock. Expect 2-3 weeks from ordering time to the time we ship your reel. Custom color options are available as follows. Custom gamefish engravings on your reel are also available for additional charges.
Custom Color Options
You can order your new Tibor Riptide reel right now as shown in the photos or you can contact us to have custom colors arranged. If you would like custom colors, please carefully read the information below and then contact us to get your custom reel on its way.
- Frost Silver and Frost Black Reels: Up to TWO parts can have custom color options for free. Additional part color options are $25 per part. Parts available for custom colors include the reelstand (reel foot), nameplate, drag knob or stop nut. Custom color spools in the following colors are available for an additional $70 -- Satin Gold, Jet Black, Royal Blue, Crimson, Graphite Gray, and Aqua.
- Satin Gold, Jet Black and Royal Blue Reels: Custom color parts available at no extra cost. Parts available for custom colors include the reelstand (reel foot), nameplate, drag knob, stop nut, and spool. Spool color options include Frost Silver, Frost Black, Satin Gold, Jet Black, Royal Blue, Crimson, Graphite Gray, and Aqua.
- Crimson, Graphite Gray and Aqua Reels: Custom color parts available at no extra cost. Parts available for custom colors include the reelstand (reel foot), nameplate, drag knob, stop nut, and spool. Spool color options include Frost Silver, Frost Black, Satin Gold, Jet Black, Royal Blue, Crimson, Graphite Gray, and Aqua.
To order your Tibor reel with custom colors, please call us directly at 425-742-2402 or use our Contact Us form. Please include your phone number if you use our Contact Us form so we can call you back with questions and get your reel coming exactly as you want it.
- Frame Size
- 4.0" x 1.65"
- 9.0 oz.
- Line Size
- Capacity (yds)
- 200 yds. 30 lb. WF10F
- 325 yds. 50 lb. Super Slick 8 WF10F
Here is what Tibor has to say about their Tibor series reels:
The Tibor series of reels were first introduced in 1995 and have established themselves as the benchmark for custom-crafted fly reels. After years of development, Ted was finally satisfied with a reel that truly has set a new standard in fly fishing reel technology.
The spool’s large arbor design significantly enhances the rate of line retrieval which is critical when you’re trying to control speedsters like bonefish, bonito, or wahoo. Tibor Reels are also a mainstay for Spey enthusiasts, delivering the ultimate balance, overall capacity and drag performance for the double-handed rod.
As with all of Ted’s reels, the drag system is absolutely flawless and has withstood the test of the world’s most demanding game fish, including over 850 World Records so far. If you were to own only one fly reel, this is the one to have.
- Large outer hub diameters offer quick retrieve, even when the backing is low.
- Hard coated, aluminum Main Gear means minimal heat build-up and great strength. Both the Main Gear and Spool rotate flawlessly on three sealed precision, ceramic Ball Bearings
- An impregnated Cork Drag Disc is the smoothest and strongest in the industry.
- Open hubbed, perforated Spool and Drum allow the Reel to remain cool during scorching runs and outer holes act as a tippet keeper.
- The Detended Drag Adjustment Knob is smooth and positive.
- Triple outgoing line signals are easily removable for silent operation.
- Lightweight to balance with modern fly rods and reduce casting fatigue.
- Made from solid bar stock aluminum.
- Delrin handle offers positive gripping and quick release.
- SpeedHandle Spool option available.
- Comes with an extra thick neoprene case for easy storage and transportation.
- Finishes: Frost Silver, Frost Black, Satin Gold, Jet Black, Royal Blue, Crimson, Graphite Gray & Aqua.
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection. The serial # is located at the top of the frame by the reel stand.
- Made and assembled in the U.S.A.