RIO Steelhead/Salmon Leaders
RIO's Steelhead and Salmon Leaders are perfectly designed for anadromous species such as steelhead and all types of salmon. Its glacial green color and non-glare finish disappear in all water conditions. Its knotless taper has a thicker butt section and uses a slightly stiffer co-polymer for turning over larger flies. This is also a highly abrasion-resistant leader. RIO Steelhead and Salmon Leaders are super tough and incredibly strong.
The recommended tippet for RIO's Steelhead/Salmon Leaders is RIO Steelhead/Salmon Tippet.
- 6-Foot - Use the 6-Foot RIO Steelhead/Salmon Leaders when using sink-tips with either Spey rods or single-handed rods.
- 9-Foot - The 9-foot RIO Steelhead/Salmon leaders are a good all-purpose leader for floating lines and for guys fishing nymphs on single-handed rods.
- 12-Foot - The 12-foot RIO Steelhead/Salmon leaders are perfect for fishing floating lines on switch rods or Spey rods.
- Medium-stiff material for turning over large flies
- long butt section and taper for great turnover
- Maximum strength and abrasion resistance
RIO's Salmon / Steelhead Leader Sizing