Simms Freestone Backpack
Simms' Freestone Backpack is a great do it all backpack with top and side entry points. Two great features that stood out to us the first time we saw this pack is the hidden pack cover, and the stretch pocket on the outside of the pack. On the bottom of the pack there is a zippered pocket that harbors a removable rainfly/pack cover, which is such a great idea for a non-waterproof backpack! The stretch pocket on the outside of the pack is great for stashing any wet gear that you don't want to put inside the pack. There's a small pocket on top of the pack for sunglasses, gloves, sunscreen, lip balm, ect. A stretch water bottle pocket on the outside, an internal pocket for keys, wallet, ect. and a laptop/hydration reservoir pocket for additional organization.
Here is what Simms' has to say about their Freestone Backpack:
Simms' do-anything, go-anywhere daypack, the Freestone supports the hustle with dual-access points for extricating must-grab gear, right-sized interior and exterior storage for essentials, and a built-in rainfly that defies whatever's threatening to turn your bag into a wet bog.
- Lightweight and reliable 330-denier nylon ripstop with water-repellent coating is highly durable and tear-resistant.
- Main compartment can be accessed two ways - via the top loading lid or the U-shaped side entry.
- Interior features vertical stretch mesh sleeve and laptop/hydration reservoir pocket for additional organization.
- Padded, breathable and fully-adjustable harness system features loop patch for fly storage and tool docking station.
- Large stretch-woven exterior pocket and loop field on face of pack for additional storage.
- Stretch mesh exterior water bottle pocket on wearer's left.
- Removable waistbelt.
- Tuck-away and removable rainfly provides weather protection.
- Seamless integration with Freestone Chest Pack.
FABRIC TECH: Shell: 330D Nylon Ripstop w/backside PU coating and face DWR treatment. Liner: 200D Polyester. Rainfly: 70D Nylon Ripstop w/PU coating and face DWR treatment