RIO Scandi & Scandi Short
The RIO Scandi head is a very easy casting Scandi style shooting head, built on RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for the utmost in casting control and sensitivity. It is available in a multitude of lengths and weights to cover all rod and angling situations. For tight casting spots and the utmost in ease of casting use a head length that is between 2.5 and 3 times the length of the rod, thus a 12 ft rod would work best with a head that is between 30 and 36 ft in length. The shorter the head length, the tighter the back casting space an angler can fish in. With more room and better casting skills a longer head provides the angler with less line to strip in between each cast and more fishing time.
Rio Scandi Short are those that are between 28ft - 34ft.
Rio Scandi are those between 36ft - 42ft.
- Ultra-low stretch ConnectCore
- Ultra Slick, dirt-repelling coating for maximum distance and performance
- Loops that are printed with size and type of the shooting head
- Welded loop on the front and back for fast rigging
For best performance, RIO recommends attaching the following head sizes to these shooting lines sizes:
- 275gr to 450gr – .024"/.026” Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 25lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 450gr to 550gr – .030"/.032” Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 35lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 550gr to 650gr – .035"/.037” Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 44lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 650gr and bigger – .040"/.042” Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 50lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
|Rod Weight||Length||Color||Sink Rate|
*Rod Weight designations provided by RIO and should be used as a general guide and will vary based on different manufacturer’s rods, as well as each angler's casting style.