Rio Steelhead/Salmon Leaders 12ft
The 12-foot RIO Steelhead and Salmon Leaders are perfect for fishing floating lines on switch rods or Spey rods. RIO's Steelhead and Salmon Leaders are perfectly designed for anadromous species such as steelhead and all types of salmon. Its glacial green color and non-glare finish disappear in all water conditions. Its knotless taper has a thicker butt section and uses a slightly stiffer co-polymer for turning over larger flies. This is also a highly abrasion-resistant leader.
The recommended tippet for Rio's Steelhead/Salmon Leaders is RIO Steelhead/Salmon Tippet.
- We like to use the 6-Foot RIO Steelhead/Salmon Leaders when we're using sink-tip lines.
- The 9-foot RIO Steelhead/Salmon leaders are a good all-purpose leader for floating lines and for guys fishing nymphs on single-handed rods.
- Medium-stiff material for turning over large flies
- long butt section and taper for great turnover
- Maximum strength and abrasion resistance
RIO's Salmon / Steelhead Leader Sizing