Simms Freestone Hip Pack
The Simms Freestone Hip Pack is a large capacity hip pack that allows the angler to take everything they need on the water, and have it easily accessible. This hip pack is compression molded, meaning it has some rigidity to it and will keep its shape when packing a light or heavy load. The structure of this pack makes opening and closing the zipper very easy, and helps to keep your gear well organized and protected.
The Simms Freestone Hip Pack has one large compartment, featuring two large stretch mesh pockets, and two smaller stretch mesh pockets, separated by a divider. When you open up the pack, the front of the pack folds down and turns into a nice working station with a large foam fly patch that makes changing flies out on the water very easy, without the worry of dropping your fly in the water. The outside of the pack features webbing on the hip belt for adding Flyweight accessories and things like bear spray, wading staffs, pocket knives, ect. There is a pocket on the left side of the hip belt for quick access items. The Simms Freestone hip pack also features a large velcro patch on the front of the pack, which keeps your tippet, floatant, and dry shake easily accessible with Simms' tippet holder and floatant holster. On the bottom the pack there is a stretchy water bottle pocket, and two compression straps for carrying an extra layer or rain jacket.
Here is what Simms is saying about their Freestone Hip Pack:
Comfortable, modular and designed to carry everything you need, the Freestone Hip Pack is the ultimate answer for keeping go-to gear and accessories in place and ready for rapid deployment.
- 330D Nylon Ripstop fabric with polyurethane backside coating is lightweight yet durable
- Fully structured, compression molded toolbox with single zipper to main compartment includes foam fly retainer panel on front inside
- Stretch mesh pockets inside generous main compartment; zippered stash pocket with key clip for phone and keys.
- Molle webbing on waist belt eliminates the need for two belts by allowing for attachment of bear spray, wading staff, or Flyweight Bottle Holster; small exterior stretch pocket for additional storage
- Water bottle pocket on underside accommodates large bottles; additional compression straps below bottle pocket for attaching jacket
- Accessory attachments include Tippet Caddy and Floatant Holster, internal keyclip
FABRIC TECH: 330D Nylon Ripstop Fabric with backside PU coating and face DWR treatment; 200D Polyester Liner
DIMENSIONS: 10" x 6" x 8"