RIO Steelhead/Salmon Leaders 9ft
The 9-foot RIO Steelhead and Salmon Leader is a good all-purpose leader for floating lines and for guys fishing nymphs on single-handed rods. RIO's Steelhead and Salmon Leaders are perfectly designed for anadromous species such as steelhead and all types of salmon. Its glacial green color and non-glare finish disappear in all water conditions. Its knotless taper has a thicker butt section and uses a slightly stiffer co-polymer for turning over larger flies. This is also a highly abrasion-resistant leader.
The recommended tippet for RIO's Steelhead/Salmon Leaders is RIO Steelhead/Salmon Tippet.
- We like to use the 6-Foot RIO Steelhead/Salmon Leaders when we're using sink-tip lines.
- The 12-foot RIO Steelhead/Salmon leaders are perfect for fishing floating lines on switch rods or Spey rods.
- Medium-stiff material for turning over large flies
- long butt section and taper for great turnover
- Maximum strength and abrasion resistance
RIO's Salmon / Steelhead Leader Sizing