Scientific Anglers Skagit Floating
Scientific Anglers Skagit Floating is a floating Skagit head in grain weights from 420 to 600 grains and lengths from 21- to 23.5-feet. These SA Skagit heads are typically ideal for Spey rods from 6wt to 9wt and are great for general purpose or tight quarters casting situations. They have a very smooth feel when casting and you can feel the work SA describes in the paragraphs below. Choose a running line and some tips to connect to your Skagit Floating head and you're off to the river. Contact us if we can help with recommendations at any time.
Here is what Scientific Anglers has to say about their Skagit Floating line:
We have a completely redesigned our Skagit head series for 2021. Leaving the traditional, level-belly Skagit tapers behind, our new lines are fully tapered from end to end. This provides the smoothest power delivery from the rod, through the line, to the tip, and ultimately to the fly. We have painstakingly optimized the tip diameter of these heads to cover a broad spectrum of sink tip lengths and weights. No matter what you attach to the end, this line will deliver it accurately with authority.
The floating head is available in a visible, but not obnoxious, sky blue color. The back of the head is identified with a black band that contrasts well with bright colored shooting lines.
- Compact, powerful design with fully tapered belly for consistent turnover and accurate delivery
- Designed to be used with sink tips for targeting steelhead and salmon
- High contrast sighter at the rear of the head identifies the perfect overhang
- Floating head for the most common and most versatile presentations
- Braided multifilament core for moderate and cold climates