Scientific Anglers SONAR Titan Sinking Fly Lines
The Scientific Anglers SONAR Titan is a new, innovative, triple density sinking line. Now, with the SONAR sinking fly lines you can effectively tune in depth control. The triple density design incorporates the fastest sink rate on the tip (fishing end) with two slower sinking sections into the running line. The SA SONAR Titan sinking lines have proved very impressive to us at PFF for fishing deeper water for trout & bass as well as Puget Sound cutthroat fishing. The line does a great job of reaching the appropriate depth while maintaining a direct connection to the fly. The taper casts big flies with ease and the line color changes is helpful for determining the amount of line still in the water.
Scientific Anglers has an impressive history of producing fantastic full sinking lines. Full sinking lines have long been the secret of many experienced anglers for incredible effectiveness in lakes for trout. Getting the fly down to the level the fish are feeding at is imperative. Good lake anglers know this and employ the proper full sinking line to keep the fly where the fish are.
Here is what Scientific Anglers has to say about their SONAR Titan full-sinking fly lines:
Get this: we took one of our most popular tapers, the Titan, drenched it in various mixtures of tungsten powder, and created a triple-density sinking fly line that will absolutely change the way you fish streamers forever. This is a fully tapered sinking line, so it casts like a floater, but provides a straight-line sinking connection to your streamer. The days of chucking and ducking are finally over. Welcome to the triple-density revolution.
- Loads quickly and delivers the biggest flies to the furthest targets
- Excellent turnover due to short, powerful head
- Triple density construction provides straight-line connection to fly
- Shooting Texture reduces friction, providing longer casts, easier pick-up, and increased durability
- For temperate climates
- Braided multifilament core
SA's SONAR Titan lines come in the following sink rate options:
- Sink Rates: Hover = 1.00 ips | Sink 2 = 1.75 – 2.75 ips | Sink 4 = 4.0 – 5.0 ips
- Sink Rates: Intermediate = 1.25 ips | Sink 3 = 2.50 – 3.5 ips | Sink 5 = 4.5 – 6.0 ips
- Sink Rates: Sink 3 = 2.5 – 3.5 ips | Sink 5 = 4.5 – 6.0 ips | Sink 7 = 7.0 – 8.0 ips
|Sink Hover / Sink 2 / Sink 4||Sink Int / Sink 3 / Sink 5||Sink 3 /Sink 5 / Sink 7||Head Length||Grain Weight*|
* Grain weight for the first 30ft